Fully Digitalized Building Map Approval Process with Electronic Building Permit System
The Kathmandu Metropolitan City has transformed its building map approval process by fully implementing the Electronic Building Permit System (EBPS). This digital system eliminates the conventional methods of applying for approvals, which included filling out forms, visiting offices, and providing hard copies for building map approvals.
Partial implementation of this system began on September 1, 2013, but due to incomplete development, the approval process still required paperwork and manual verification. However, with the complete development of the EBPS system, electricity signatures, online tax payments, permit fees, and completion certificates are now available online, making the process paperless and much more efficient.
Benefits of the E-BPS Digital Building Map Approval System:
- Elimination of traditional methods of building map approval process, resulting in the saving of time and money.
- All relevant documents are accessible online, making the process convenient and efficient.
- The elimination of manual verification reduces the chances of error.
- Building map approval process can be completed quickly and remotely from any location.
- The digital system is environment-friendly, reducing the use of paper.
The Kathmandu Metropolitan City's digitization of the building map approval process using the Electronic Building Permit System (EBPS) has been a significant step in the modernization of the city's infrastructure. This fully digital system has not only made the process paperless and more efficient, but it has also been environment-friendly. This digital system has proven to be beneficial to the city and its residents.